Setting a Bar as a Residential Property Inspector
To some, a property inspection might seem like an unnecessary expense when you can have access to a residence to make these observations yourself. However, professional reports protect you and others while providing peace of mind during substantial life purchases. We can help with:
- Home Buyer’s Inspection
- 11-Month Warranty Inspection
- Pre-Tenant Walkthrough
Is It Worth the Costs to Hire an Inspector?
A brief walkthrough of a potential purchase does not yield the full story about a house like a residential property inspector in Smyrna homes could. Hiring our team to conduct this inspection allows you to gain knowledge about the property and puts leverage in your hands for buying or speaking with your contractor.
Not to mention, we offer a far-reaching and beneficial additional coverage option in the form of a home warranty following inspections. This can help you evade the costs of problems that could arise with your home in the future. We have already negotiated a free 30-day trial for our clients to see if the program is right for them.
A full report includes any possible building code violations relevant to your property based on state and federally defined regulations. We look at many areas of your home:
- Foundation – The inspection notes any cracks or splits in the foundation block or concrete. This portion of the inspection can also observe moisture or visible water damage.
- Windows/Doors – The openings of a residence offer information about the foundation’s condition, such as frames being askew. In addition, our inspectors look for poor insulation, gaps, or damage.
- Roof/Gutter System – The roof is a defense against harsh Tennessee weather systems, and our inspectors go over the exterior elements of this system, including the condition of the gutter system attached to divert water from the property.
- Interior Plumbing – Our experienced team inspects available plumbing elements for leaks, wear, and signs of future damage. We also note when older materials are used that no longer meet safe operating guidelines or poorly conducted former repairs.
- Electrical Systems – We look for poorly run wiring, ungrounded circuits and receptacles, and other glaring issues that could be costly for a customer to replace after purchasing a home.
- Attic and Insulation – We look at the attic for water and mold damage and assess the visible insulation condition. We can also use this access to evaluate the roof’s condition further.
- Flooring – We assess the condition and appearance of the flooring, namely, drawing attention to poor installation or degrading materials that do not fall into the scope of cosmetic concerns.
- Furnace/Air Conditioning – Replacing and repairing a furnace can be one of the costliest aspects of owning a home, so you want to ensure that the installed appliances meet current standards and operate as they should for the size of the house.
Choosing Have It Inspected Property Solutions
While there are many names in the hat for property inspections around Smyrna and Murfreesboro, we are showing that customer satisfaction is paramount in this service industry. We prioritize timely, accurate information to help our clients decide what is best for their futures. Our reputable firm has accreditations from InterNACHI, the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors as Certified Professional Inspectors (CPI.)
Learn more about residential property inspector Smyrna, TN.